Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chicken chowmein -gluten free

Spaghetti, linguini, all those stringy pastas always satisfied the hunger especially after 3 hours of playing under the sun and running silly.
My mum is the best cook ever, I mean ever. Anything she makes is delicious. I can't believe that somebody gets to see my ama and atta everyday :)

I made my moms recipe chowmein but made mine with rice noodles. Delicious!!















Ingredient:
2 chicken breast cut in pieces
1 big green pepper Julian
7 baby carrots Julian
1 med red onion julian
2 serving of boiled rice noodles
2 tbsp Gluten free soya sauce or regular
1 tbdp Siracha hot sauce
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper (rp)
2/3 tsp black pepper (bp)
1 tsp salt ( taste and more)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup warm water

Procedure:
sAutee chicken in olive oil for a minute on med high heat. Add garlic, rp, bp and salt cook for 2 mins. Add water and let it simmer covered for 6 mins o. Low heat so the chicken and spices mix. Add soya sauce and hot sauce and cook for 30 sec on medium heat. Add all the vegetables, sautée for five minutes and then add noodles. The noodles will soak up extra sauce from chicken vegetables. Mix it well on medium high heat and serve with lime or Siracha!!!

- by MKH

1 comment:

  1. 1 cup cabbage with other vegetables if you like it!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.